Tuesday, November 25, 2008

How prepared are you?

This is now a frequent question. I assume everyone is worried, but I am not. I think it's going to be ok, I'll have some adventures, some good and bad moments and it will be worth it. Yes, I'm being optimistic. Be worried, be very very worried.

Most of the stuff I had already bought for India. I have a mosquito net, light clothes (I'm taking the minimum as I expect to buy local stuff), a padlock for my luggage, a compass (hey, I'll be living next to a jungle), I learned how to bargain in India (but I hate it), Imodium, a pocket knife, a camera, a first-aid kit, a hat, a sewing-kit, my magic tea and mosquito repelent.

I have my ticket, I know about the visas that's why I havent gotten mine yet, it is only valid for 3 months.

I need to buy a dynamo flashlight (you dont need batteries nor electricity), a sleeping bag and a water filter.

And another thing that I learned with the India trip is to always have spare underwear, toothpaste and toothbrush in my backpack just in case I get separated from my suitcase for 12 or 24 hours.

"One is never prepared, one hopes." - I forgot who said it.

No comments: