Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Thailand: the visa questions

It's hard to explain this bit, actually. Being from an EU country I can for sure say that Thailand is a bit complicated. It's almost impossible to get a "one year visa" which is exactly the one I needed, right? So my only option is to do several "normal visas" that are valid for 2 months, and I get do a 30 day extension in some office in Thailand. Then I have to leave the country and ask for a new visa. Not the cheapest way either...

So today I went to the embassy and did a 60 days tourist visa, that I will extend when I'm already in Thailand. After 3 months I'll go to Laos and do a new visa. Not that I mind traveling around, I don't. It's just papers and feeling ripped off that I don't like.Oh well, no country is perfect.

I can pick up my visa already today. Yay! I think it's low season because it usually takes 5 working days.

ah, if you're planning to visit :P a less than 30 day visit doesn't require a visa.

I only need a couple of blouses that can handle tropical weather, a water filter and lots of photos (2 per visa) and I'm all set!

No comments: