Monday, April 13, 2009

It looks like I'll be in Cambodia for a few days


Outside Bangkok things are quite calm, almost as if nothing is happening in the capital I've been told. However since I need to go through the capital in order to get to my little town I'll wait until things have calmed down.

Tomorrow morning I am going to Siem Riep, north of Cambodia, where the Angkor Wat ruins are. It should be crowded because of the Khmer New Year so depending on how I deal with that I'll know how long I'm staying. Ideally I would be back here in the capital Thursday or Friday to do my Thai visa but we'll see. Is it still tourism when you don't want to stay in the country but have to?

Cambodia is just too hot and I am finding the capital hard to manage in the heat. Hopefully the countryside will make up for it. Despite the heat and the confusion, I found the Royal Palace amazing, if you visit it count at least one hour inside.

No comments: