Saturday, April 4, 2009

Nha trang here I go

As you read this I am on one of the seats above on a sleeping bus to Nha Trang. I'm pretty sure I won't be enjoying the ride thanks to the Vietnamese bus drivers. The trip will be over 10 hours long.

Here are some more photos and notes from Hoi An:

This is has to be the town with more art galleries I ever saw. It's just one after the other. It gives so much more colour to the streets to have aquarels all over the place.

For the first time ever I am sorry I am travelling with a backpack, I wanted to buy some silk clothes (in the West we really need to learn how to sow with silk, I've seen gorgeous things here), some engraved chopsticks and bowls and some traditional paper lamps.

Hoi An had Japonese traders, French and Chinese businessmen and while taking in a little bit from all the other cultures has still the singular Vietnamese touch.

I really want to come back again.

No comments: