Thursday, April 2, 2009

Still in Hoi An, Vietnam

What can I say? When I like a place, I like a place. Tomorrow I'll just walk around town and perhaps leave the following morning to Nha Trang. Let's hope the rain stops.

The old town is charming day and night.
It is Unesco heritage and it seems to be well taken care of.

Cao lau. Typical from Hoi An. Noodles with pork and coreander, lime leafs and other herbs.

Grilled fish in a banana leaf with onions, garlic and lemon grass. It tasted quited sweet.
It was just a bit on the small side.

Today me and Gene rented a motorbike and went to see a bit of the countryside. It was great. Well, apart from the heavy rain, the insane bus drivers (scary insane bus drivers) and the numbness of our bottoms after a few hours.

It was wonderful. I think I am falling in love with Vietnam.


We went to see the ruins of the Hindu temple of My Son. It is a huge complex with lots of cute benches to rest and enjoy the scenery.

I must say, Vietnam is a great place for my ego, women here keep repeating that I'm beautiful and that my eyes and smile are gorgeous. Funny that it's exactly what I think of them... If you ever come to Vietnam just smile and wait for their return, it will amaze you.

No comments: