Sunday, April 12, 2009

Stuck?

First I didn't want to come to Cambodia, I mean I always wanted to visit the country but I was so in love with Vietnam that I wanted to stay there. However Vietnam is expensive and I decided to come to Cambodia to do my visa for Thailand and go back before my budget exploded further.

As soon as I get to Cambodia I was informed that it's the Khmer New Year so everything is closed all next week. That means I have to stay in Cambodia two weeks instead of one and that maybe I won't get to Thailand in time for my school's seminar. Plus I have to stay in time of holidays when most people are not working and things are closed. Oh fun.

I still have to decide where to go in Cambodia, most people will be in the Angkor ruins as from tomorrow and as much as it sounds interesting to see the Khmer New Year, I can't even begin to imagine the crowds.

No comments: