Monday, May 18, 2009

Flying thingies

Some of you know my famous disgust of all things insects and reptiles. I understand their place in the food chain and all but I prefer to keep my distance.

With the rain season starting in Sanglkaburi the animal kingdom has shown me who is the ruling majority.

Every single night since my return I lose almost 30 minutes killing unindentified flying thingies. I know they are insects but I never saw them in the West. One looks like a cricket but much smaller, another like a beetle, another like a flying ant...And they come in by the masses, the bastards.

It got to the point that I already leave some time between brushing my teeth and turning off the light for clearing dead bodies off my bed.

Sometimes I misjudge or forget about my fan and as a result the dead bodies fly back to me...

P.S. You don't hve this in the whole of Thailand, it's worth because I am in the middle of the jungle.

P.S. Despite my best hopes, even the insane amount of rain it's not cooler. So we sweat and get soaking wet with the rain, brilliant.

No comments: