Thursday, October 8, 2009

American ads

You have not seen advertisement until you've watched American TV. A single children film (yes, I watch kids' stuff) has at least six or seven commercial breaks.

Here is what I've noticed so far:
  • Lose weight ads come on mostly in the afternoon, specially lunch time.
  • Halloween is coming. There are ads, cartoons and movies about it.
  • Thanksgiving is coming. Now that I don't eat meat I see tons of turkey. Typical.
  • Christmas is coming. There are more toys' ads now than all summer together.
  • Starwars is still going strong. Silly me, I thought it was over and done with.
  • Michael Jackson mania. ('nuff said)
  • If you have a new drug to sell mention 3 good things about it then 32 side effects (I've heard stuff from hallucinations, depression, losing of arm and leg control, to losing ability to speak, you know, minor things.)
And yes, some of pharmaceutical ads go on during the day. It's hysterical.

No comments: