Tuesday, March 31, 2009

in Hue, Vietnam

The bus from Hanoi took about 14 hours. It was not the best 14 hours of my life. The bus is sort of nice, it's a sleeping bus so the chairs are built for laying down and you get a blanket but considering the state of the roads and the vietnamese driving it was more like being inside a simulator.

Once again the computer is from the Cold War days so I can't post pictures, but they will come soon.

Hue was once the capital of Vietnam (1802-1945) but now has a bit more thn ruins to show for it. It's not a big city and the Perfume river looks nice (and clean - rare in these parts) however the city's charms didn't work on me. I leave tomorrow morning at 8 am for Hoi An.

I met up with a Malaysian guy I met in Hanoi and we took 2 motorbikes around the city to just have a look around. Mostly we saw decaying pagodas, ruins and tombs... Since our hotel is close to the bus station we were harrassed a bit by taxi drivers, for a moment I thought I was in India, but G. handled them very well.

Because the bus ride was so bad (the driver doesn't understand speed limits) I feel very tired, almost like I didn't slept. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Will I ever find a computer from this century in Vietnam? oh the suspense.

No comments: