Monday, March 9, 2009

Lizzards pt2

After sleeping with one fat lizzard in my room (I kept waking up at the slightest sound) I decided I needed help. Mostly because I am a big sissy. Everyone in the house kept saying that geckos are harmless but not a single one would go in my room.

So I asked the only Thai of the house to help me. She has basically no English and I have no Thai. But with "help" and "gecko" we understood each other. She's shorter than me so I could not stop laughing when she came back with a bamboo stick higher than the two of us together. She then proceeded to climb my wall and push the gecko out. At that point I was on the other side of the house. Yep, big sissy.

I noticed that another housemate was watching as far away as I was... but yes, they are quite harmless. The gecko was not happy but left my room. The Thai lady closed the door and proceeded to expel it out of the house.

I thanked her profusely and went to get my stuff. She had locked my room and the key was inside. I thought it was a joke since last week around one in the morning she locked herself out of her room and I got up thinking it was a burglar (one of those "you had to be there" moments) and found her sitting on the floor waiting for Divine intervention. It was no joke and it took us more than 40 minutes to get the door open.

Just 20 minutes ago I noticed the gecko was back. Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's called LOVE, sis !


The older (and unafraid) one who's wondering about the local food... as usual.