Monday, April 20, 2009

Is it me?

Through the years I've had some strange events, some weird adventures, even some very surreal experiences. However my stay at The Drunken Frog is hard to describe.

The bathroom is literally sliding down, both the sink and the toilet and leaning so much that you have to repress the urge to run and try and catch it before it crashes.

I got bitten by several things, even sleeping on my sleeping bag.

Because the rooms are all connected by wooden boards (tiny wooden bridges that are over and around the lake) every time someone went past my door my bed shook like it was earthquake time.

Around 23h as I turned off the light and tried to fall asleep the few other guests and the Cambodian family that runs the place decided to start a party. Faithless, Chemical Brothers and the lot dancing the night away. At one point I really did think the floor was not going to take it anymore and I was going to end up in the water. No, I didn't get much sleep.

And I'm sure me staying there also is not working out for the family as one of my first moves was to drop the room key in the lake...

2 comments:

Leen said...

honestly I don't know how you do it... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you're saying that because you are in awe of my abilities...

babsy