Sunday, April 19, 2009

Back in Phnom Penh

It was yet another painfully long bus ride. It was supposed to be 7h long but thanks to the great access into the capital it took 8h35m. 8 hours and 35 minutes of Cambodian karaoke music, oh joy.

After talking to another traveler I decided to try out the lakeside area of this strange capital. It took some shopping around, I finally decided to stay in The Drunken Frog for 3$. The room is more than shabby, it's weird as well. I hope that tomorrow after going to the Thai embassy I can go to another area or hotel. It's fine if you want to save money but let's just say that I'll be sleeping on my sleeping bag...

The lakeside area is the closest to a backpacker area there is. As a result there are tons of tuk-tuk drivers around but you do get to see some locals houses in between the guesthouses. Several places have rooms from 2$, some include a very nice view. If you manage to forget everything else you'll be happy.

Apparently there is a street party in the neighborhood tonight, it sounds nice but I'm not sure I can stay awake.

No comments: