Friday, April 10, 2009

Leaving Vietnam - Cambodia here I go

Saigon connection.

I must admit my failure with my budget plans. I spent almost twice as much as I wanted too. Never fall in love, people, never fall in love. Even my trick of taking a night bus to save on hotel costs didn't help much. I really have to get couch surfing working again.

I leave for Cambodia today and I should stay there at least a week while preparing my visa for Thailand. The Cambodian visa is done on arrival, I expect queues. I read that in mid-April there is a festival, I hope there aren't too many crowds.

I leave you with some photos of Vietnamese food:

Elephant ear fish. I didn't see any ears or anything resembling it so the name escapes me.

Chicken with fish sauce (delicious!)


I don't know how this is called but you get a mix of herbs, meat cooked with sugar cane and rice paper to wrap it. It's very good. There are a couple of dishes here that require a mix of herbs, it's quite a nice experience. I hope I'll return soon to Vietnam.

No comments: