Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bangkok: Grand palace & Esmerald Budha temple

It's hard to miss the Palace and the temple (it's inside the Palace's grounds) but somehow it had eluded me so far.
Believe it or not I forgot to ask how long it took them to build the place.

A lot of people call it the Golden temple. I think you can easily understand that.

It's always full of tourists, for some photos I had to wait a few minutes or reshoot a few times in order not to get some blonde in it. Don't get frustrated, see it as an opportunity to really find the perfect angle. Most of all I enjoyed the statues, tomorrow's post will be dedicated to statues and other 'creatures' I met at the compound.

And the palace...

When I grow up I want an entrance just like that one.

3 comments:

Luis Seco said...

I read your article in "Tempo de Viajar" about patience in Thailand. Couldn't agree with you more. Regarding this post... isn't it easy to take great photos in Bangkok? Specially in the Grand Palace. Hope you enjoy your year in Thailand to the most.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support. And yes, Thailand is great for photos. all the best, Barbara

Cheap Travel Insurance said...

I always enjoy reading such posts which provide knowledge based information like this blog. Keep it up.