Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thai and Burmese portraits pt III : smiles and laughter

Since my black & whites are so popular, I'll add a few more before posting some videos. Today's theme is laughter and smiles. Most photos were a result of some giggle fit or game, the rest were taken while they were with their friends.

One of my personal favorites. All his friends were jumping around and in front of the camera, there was too much jumping around for me to even be able to focus the zoom, then cuteness here looked me in the eyes and nodded. I got the camera up and he got this cool pose. 0.2 seconds later the crowd knocked him to the floor. There was a 2 minute break to laugh.

Finally got Lek to smile on camera, not a big open smile but still...

Get your weapons...

Another poor victim of the water balloon fight, actually with this class it escalated from water balloon to buckets of water being thrown... inside the classroom.

Her friend kept making her laugh and look away, it actually worked better on film than she thought.

He had just won a yo-yo and some candy. Life was too good.

See-saw is so much fun. I tried to get on it but the girls said 'no'. I was too big they said. Humpf.

How come one friend was soaking wet and the other was dry? Well, before I could ask someone got a bucket of water and justice was served.

The official translator. Look at him: cute and smart, already speaks 3 languages...

the last 3 photos are just perfect smiles, aren't they? Really, some kids are too damn cute.

Number one.

they love each other now but two minutes later they were fighting over a yo-yo. No photos of that as I was in the middle trying to sort out who started it (I still dunno...).

Fan the teacher. They thought it was hilarious but I was really out of breath. Do not attempt to chase kids in tropical weather, people, it's quite a kick to the lungs.

No comments: