Friday, April 17, 2009

ANgkor Wat: Ta Prohm temple

I woke up at 5 am in order to beat the heat and the crowds. The Ta Prohm temple is outside of town and I had a uncomfortable motorbike ride there. If you can get a tuk-tuk so you can sit down, my ass did not enjoy that ride.

The jungle has slowly and effectively taken over the structure. It adds to the atmosphere. There are also tons of birds chirping away around you.
This was the only temple I could walk around alone and quietly.

After all the temples and citadels I can honestly say that this one is my favorite. I took a lot of pictures, I prefer it when the trees were taking over the space but not all of the temple is like that.I am very envious of the discovers who got to see this in its prime, or at least when it was more in one piece, engulfed by the jungle.

I suppose this wouldn't be pratical in a real house. It's really a shame.


And because some of you got confuse as how I ate snake and crocodile here is a photo of the grill:
There is coal in the bottom and water boiling to cook the vegetables and grill the meat. It was ok but not my best meal here.

No comments: